Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Cobalt 220

It's been a dream since I was a teenager:  to own a boat.  I've always loved boating - not so much the skiing, tubing, and water sports, but more the freedom and peace I feel sitting in a speeding boat in the sun.  We've been boating a lot with friends over the last year or two, and I finally got John on board to buy a boat.  The boat was signed, sealed, and delivered on July 11th.  It has been everything we have hoped for.  We were able to take it out over 11 times before we had to winterize it.  I'll post about those trips later.

We bought a Cobalt 220 with an open bow.  The kids love it, I love it, and so does John.  I've learned how to back a trailer up now so I'm not quite as nervous as I was when we first got it.  

When we are in the dock area, going wakeless, and approaching the buoys, Maddens favorite thing to do is say "wait for it, wait for it, wait for it..."  That is always sure to get a smile on my face.  Usually he falls asleep during boat rides, but I bet it is perfectly relaxing for him.

I'm excited to share the boat with other families that we love, and also to be able to spend that close time with my family.  I'm so glad that John did this for me and I think that we will have lots of fun memories aboard!




0 comments:

Post a Comment