Saturday, July 4, 2009

Russell Family Summer Barbeque

We had such a fun-filled night last night. The Russell family came over to our home for an evening of 4th of July festivities. We started out barbecuing the meat, then we started digging into all of the yummy food that everyone brought. I made some traveling taco dip, Aimee made her famous poppy seed salad, Sue made her fabulous frog-eye salad. We had chips, homemade ice cream, raspberry lemonade with real raspberries, the list goes on and on! The night was full of fun and a variety of events that really seemed to streamline the evening.

Dr. Smith has asked me to monitor my activities with a blood pressure monitor. My blood pressure has been consistently high, indicating toxemia. About 45 minutes prior to the party arriving, I tested myself. It was through the roof (again.) I had to immediately lay down and try to lower it. A few minutes later, John and Becca arrived to help get the party started. Once Sue showed up, she helped with the finishing touches on getting my home cleaned. THANK YOU to this amazing family, always willing to help, and always concerned with my family. I don't think I could ever ask for a better family to be married into. I was able to stabilize a lower blood pressure through the night because of them...and it sure made it more enjoyable!

0 comments:

Post a Comment