Saturday, April 23, 2011

Lagoon

I was a total nerd this year and decided to use Grandma and Grandpa Shipp's Christmas money on Lagoon season passports.  They opened April 2nd, weekends only.  I braved taking the 4 kids myself last Saturday and we had so much fun!  Jensyn was finally brave and took a ride on Wicked, Colossus, and Wild Mouse.  She liked the latter the best that go-around.  It actually wasn't too bad taking all of them by myself!  The lines were short, and Logan was a tremendous help by taking Jensyn on all the rides.  Jack loves Dinosaur Drop, LadyBug Bop, Bombora,  and The Tidal Wave (or anything else he is tall enough to go on).  I'm pretty sure that Logan's favorite ride is Wicked.  

This week, a big job that John had scheduled was re-scheduled for another week.  We went down to Costco, and at about 2:00, we were eating at the food court there.  Out of the blue I asked John if we could all go to Lagoon.  (I had also purchased a season parking pass, so it would be free!)  He looked at his watch and mumbled a little bit because that would only leave us 4 hours, tops.  We headed home to drop of the groceries, picked up Logan from Sophie's, and away we went to Lagoon.  John, Logan, and Jensyn started off the day on Colossus.  The lines were all very quick and we were ready to leave by 6:00!  As always, Madden is a trooper, Jack just wishes that he was tall enough to ride the 'big' rides.  Logan even had more courage than she always has...she went on 'Re-entry' with John.  I don't know that she really knew what she was getting herself into!  She said that she couldn't believe that the ride just kept going up...and up...and up!  She was glad to come back down, but by the looks on her face, I think she really liked it!

I am so happy that the kids enjoy Lagoon, and that they are brave to try these big rides.  I think we will have a great summer!









1 comments:

mrs-mcallister

I cant wait to go back there.

Post a Comment