Tuesday, June 7, 2011

School year is OVER!

I love summertime, and I love it when the kids get out of school.  I love when my little (some bigger than others) sidekicks are home all the time with me.  With that being said, I am so glad that since I do send them off to school each day, I am grateful that they have such wonderful teachers to be with.  I have enjoyed being able to be in Jensyn's class every single morning to help change out baggy homework.  It makes me realize how little time teachers have, and how much they are able to get accomplished in a days time (or 2 1/2 hours time if you are Mrs. Butler in Kindergarten.)  I was so impressed today when Jensyn was sent home with book after book that her teacher compiled for her of special work and papers that are 'important.'  Additionally, she sent home a slideshow video of the whole year, in order.

Jack will be completing his first year of Challenger Pre-School.  It's been 5 years since we have been affiliated with them, and I can't believe how the time flies.  We started with Logan, added Jensyn, and now it has been Jack's turn.  He loves it.  When I went to his Spring Sing, I had a darling mom behind me notice Jack's bag with his name with his last initial on it.  She let out a gasp and said, "Are you Jack McAllister's mom...?  Oh my word, I am so glad to know you now!  He talks about Jack daily and tells me that he is ____'s best friend."  (I don't know his name!)  Jack had never mentioned the little boy, but I was proud.  My little Jack is the sweetest boy on the planet.  He cares for everybody, and everybody loves him back!  I am so happy to be his mom!

Logan continued this year to excel.  She is the top of her class, and I am one proud momma! She must have gotten her reading skills from John, because they sure didn't come from me!  (I can certainly read, I just don't like to---I've got WAY better things to do with my time!)  I hope that they all continue to do well and that they will always have a love for learning.  Once I got into...oh, say 10th grade, I was done wanting to be at school.  I only wanted to go for the social part.   Fortunately, I finished up--that was never a question.

As always, I feel like I have to sign off with a small 'something' for the teachers who do so well for my kids.  I get headaches even being around a group of kids.  I don't know how they do it everyday!  I finally finished wrapping the gift and the kids can't wait to give them to their teachers.




Jensyn and Julie Butler, her Kindergarten teacher

Jensyn's first day of school

Logan and Katie Salamon, her second grade teacher




1 comments:

mrs-mcallister

Growing up way to fast. :D You are a great mom, and i so glad that you are my sister-in-law

Post a Comment