Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa Shipp

I don't know if it is possible to have a better set of grandparents! My grandparents live in Logan, which is where I got Logan's name from. Her middle name, of course, came from my Grandma as well since her name is Ann. It is our understanding that Christmas Day is going to pose quite a threat for traveling, so Kirt, Leslie, Grace, Fischer, Logan, Jensyn, Jack, John, and I went to visit them on Saturday. We ordered some Fredrico's pizza (a favorite) and spent some much needed time with them. Speaking on kindness in my lesson on Sunday, I cannot think of better examples of people who show kindness towards everyday people than Grandma and Grandpa. They are well over 90 years old and are still holding pretty strong. Grandma always used to call me her "chocolate chip eyed girl," and that I remind her so much of herself when she was younger. Grandpa has always been a trickster. He would kick me, and I am sure everyone else, in the hind and say "oops, my foot slipped," and then chuckle all the way down the hall. I wish I would have written down all of the funny jokes that he tells because they are hilarious! Grandma and Grandpa, I will love you forever!
The weather always makes me nervous when it snows and I am in the car. This trip was no exception, either. On the way up, we watched as a 4-runner slid back and forth in Sardine Canyon, almost wiping out several times. Naturally, I wanted to get back in the car and get home safely before dark and the ice set in. We made it through the canyon fine, but once we got in to Brigham City, all of the freeway traffic was being diverted onto, I think it is like Highway 89.(?) Anyway, there was a 22 car pile-up headed southbound on I-15, and then in the same spot, a 10 car pile-up headed northbound. ALL traffic was to be diverted to this highway. It took us over 4 hours to get home, but I am grateful to have gotten home! I welcomed the slow driving since it ensured our safety.



Grandpa just got some more cancerous spots burned off of his head, so his head is in the healing process.

0 comments:

Post a Comment