Friday, December 12, 2008

Once in awhile we do fun things.

The day after Thanksgiving, we braved the trek downtown (on Trax) to see the lights turn on. We decided to start at Temple Square. We got down there at 5:20. I was ticked because, in broad daylight, Temple Square's lights were already turned on! I thought they do a big spectacle the day after Thanksgiving. I guess I was wrong. The lights were still beautiful, the Temple was still beautiful, and we still had a fun time together as a family.

I don't do Black Friday shopping, and I don't think that I ever will. I feel like I would rather pay the extra or full price than to wake up early and be in crowds. I feel too claustrophobic around people. People make me nervous, in general. Really, what it comes down to is I am not brave, and I am not exciting.

I was shocked that I actually followed through with taking the kids downtown. The idea is nice, but usually is defeated because of the crowds. It was a fun night, and we were able to get a beautiful picture of the Temple. --Next year, I won't go the day after Thanksgiving-and I won't go on Trax. (Way too much Riff-Raff on board.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment