Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Day Weekend

Well, it is no surprise that since it is a 3-day weekend for the girls, we headed up to the cabin.  It was much different this time since John couldn't go up with us on Friday because he had to plow snow.  I met cute Calvin and Becca along with their 2 friends on the freeway, and they followed the kids and me up to the cabin.  Once we got there, Calvin and I had to be the ones to hike up to the cabin to get the snowmobiles.  I rely on John so much to do this very difficult task!!  I got this bright idea to run.  We made it about half way, then we started walking and taking breaks.  Once we got inside the cabin, I could barely even move.  My hands were numb, and I couldn't breathe!  I guess I should have thought that one through a little bit more since the temperature in the bone chilling air was about 12 degrees.  My lungs must have frozen, and I swear I caught the pneumonia! I recovered through the weekend, or shall I say that my lungs thawed out!  Never again will I complain again that I had to wait with the kids too long while John does this dreadful task!  John did make it up a day later, on Valentines Day, and I was SO glad to see him.  Weird. (without my Johnny, not weird that I was glad to see him!!)

We played Quelf several times, played Sequence even more.  I love how the Russell's are always in to play a good game.  Quelf is the most random, hilarious game I have played in a long time. My mom had to choose a player and do a great stunt.  I was her trainer, and she was my dog.  for 1 minute, she was required to follow my instructions:  beg, roll-over, shake, fetch, etc.  It was the funniest thing!  She had to do this other stunt as shown below, and say some funny things in the process.  At one point, every time my mom wanted to say something more than a 2 syllable word, she had to request permission to speak--to her foot!  Her foot would then respond in a high voice, "permission granted."  I can't think of a better sport than my mom!

Calvin had to find something around the cabin where he could pretend that he was a scuba diver. He cut out 2 water bottles and put them together with aluminum foil.  He had the aluminum foil on hand already since the previous stunt for him was to wrap aluminum foil on his head since he failed a stunt.

The kids were really good, I feel like they are right at home up at the cabin.  For the first time, Jack also loved the cabin and was able to play with the kids and explore the inside of the cabin all on his own.  What is even better, is he even slept though the nights up there!  (uncommon for the cabin, not so much at home.)  AND even better than that?  I slept great, too!

My parents came up, as did Kirt, Grace, Chelsey, Tony, and cute Hogan.  It was a full house, but in my opinion, the more the merrier!



0 comments:

Post a Comment