Monday, February 23, 2009

You Know You're A Redneck When...

I have a serious problem.  This farm that we live on is really driving me nuts!  One of Johns customers gave us about 10 chickens last year.  Only 1 has survived, we call him Obama.  This chicken scares me to death!  (are they going to peck at me?)  So, anyways,  a few weeks ago Obama came to our back patio and was yelling for some food.  I thought this was so cute, so I gave him some bread.  That was my first mistake.  Every morning, he began this ritual.  NOW, he walks around the house to the front window and watches us from the front patio.  This morning, 5 times, he tried flying up to get through the window, causing this horrible bird-hit-a-window sound.  Dang chicken.  This afternoon when I jumped into the car to go to the grocery store, the moon visor was opened exposing the sunroof glass.  I turned my car on and all of the sudden, something looked straight down from the sunroof at me.  The dang chicken made a perch on my car!  I don't want him on my car at all, so I made sure that I shut all the doors into the garage.  The chicken went to the side yard...why can't he go to the chicken coop?  Oh, that's right, because he had found yet another perch right next to the front door.  Nice.



And speaking of red necks, I wish I would have taken a picture of the freaky "meth-lab" looking RV that Kirt had parked here for a few days.  That one made me laugh, too.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment