Monday, April 6, 2009

General Conference

Once again, we spent General Conference weekend at the cabin.  Michelle, Connor, and Weston came up on Saturday and we were able to have a great chat!  I feel so sorry for the things that she is going through right now, but find her attitude towards these trials to be one in a million. One of the conference talks was about dealing with our trials and adversity.   He asked the question:  "What gives us the power to smile during hardships?"  I think about Michelle, and also Casey.  How do they do it?  Maybe it is good acting, but I really do think that it is something much, much more.  Elder Christofferson said "yet she was smiling as we speak,"  as he was talking about a young lady going through some serious hardships.  This was Michelle to the T this weekend.  She wore a fabulous smile, and refuses to obtain revenge, retaliation, or complain because she said that it will only reflect badly on herself.  While I wish this on nobody, I really took her lesson to me to heart.   She is my aunt first, but I have been great friends with Michelle for many years as I worked with her at a doctors office.  She taught me so much while I worked with her, gave me a lot of advice, and I believe she really cares for me.  I only hope for the best for her, and am glad to have her as my friend.

I love Conference, the love the atmosphere that we are lucky enough to have for these weekends. We are truly blessed for all that we have. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment