Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Logan's Birthday Festivities

I just have not been in much of a mood to post anything lately!  There has been so much going on in our home, and most of them have a lot to do with this fabulous weather!  John has started full-swing again, so hopefully now we can play catch-up from the lousy winter we had.  I find myself constantly in the car either helping John with errands,  plant pick-ups, and bids or taking Logan and Jensyn to and from school.  I open the sunroof and enjoy that sun!  I guess now it is time to write all the fun things that we have been up to!

Easter weekend obviously was Logan's birthday.  First thing Saturday morning (her birthday)  John woke Logan up to ride out to the dump for mulch for a customer.  When they got home, we all got ready and went to Lowes and let the kids each pick out a few flowers, bought Logan a kid size wheel barrow, rake and shovel.  (The kids really love being outside in our yard helping John.)  When we got home, we took the kids over to the neighborhood Easter egg hunt.  I felt so bad for them when they got trampled over and didn't end up getting a single egg.  My kids are so even-tempered and are shy around events like this.  I promised them that the Easter Bunny knew that they didn't get anything and that they would get something extra special because of it.  Jack on the other hand was in the baby egg hunt, he and John got several eggs and he loved searching for them.
 

Our next intention was to head over for Logan's family activity for her birthday:  Fat Cats.  She loves to bowl and then eat pizza there.  On our way there, we noticed a lot of cars parked at Wheeler Farm.  We found a spot and hurried and took it since Logan was really interested in what was going on there.  We spun the Chick-Fil-A wheel and won several free kids meals (too bad they are only redeemable at the Fashion Place mall location.--I would rather eat at theNordstrom Cafe if I was at the mall...)  We walked around for a minute longer then loaded back in the car to go over to Fat Cats.  



Once we were done there, Logan decided that she wanted to go see Bedtime Stories.  We called up Casey and asked her if she could tend Jack--we would not make it through a movie!  She was wonderful to take him, so thanks Case!  Logan and Jensyn loved the movie, and quite possibly loved the popcorn more--but then again, don't we all?

By the end of the day, we were ALL beat!!  Logan told us that we really didn't need to do all of these things for her this is what she said...

"Mom, I just want you to know that I don't need anything else from you for my birthday.  All I need is your love and dads love... you give that to me every day."

Seriously, she said that?  Seriously.  She is my sweetheart!

















0 comments:

Post a Comment