Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Our Summer

Work has been perfectly steady, despite the plummeting market around us. For that, I am thankful. Though he has been busy, he has done a wonderful job at balancing work with family time. We have not done much in the way of vacation this summer besides the beloved cabin. That, my friends, is the way we can find time to get away. I bought a summer pass to "Classic" for the water slides for $10 each. I have gotten my money back already to this point. During the 4th of July, we took the kids down to Sandy for fireworks. They were able to each go on several of the blow ups which they had a fun time doing. Oh, the excitement of being a child!






For the 24th of July celebrations, we went to Draper Days. We arrived early in the afternoon, and sat in the smoldering hot sun for 5 or 6 hours waiting for the fireworks to begin. MAN, do crowds make me nervous! I feel like I would rather just stay home, but then again, I don't want my kids to miss out on the excitement. However, I will cherish this day because we, as a family, sat outside on a blanket together and just...were together. That was enough for me. I love being with them!
In mid-July, we took the Russell's and the Rudd's to the cabin. We had so much fun! The games, the food, the laughter was amazing. I don't think I've ever seen so much food as Sue brought. She is so wonderful. --a downright fun crowd to be with.
Grandma and Grandpa also made it up to the cabin! I don't think that she has been out of the city for a long time, just to get away! We had yummy BLT's and chips. Chelsey and Tony (and now baby Hogan!!) peeked in for a few hours, Casey and her girls were there, as well as Kirt and Grace and obviously my mom and dad. I really do feel lucky to have an awesome family. We all seem to get along well. John, me, and the girls love being at the cabin. It is a whole new world up there. I really wish there was some way we could help out a little more. My parents are amazing.
My 10 year class reunion is in a few weeks. I am not thinking that I will be going this time. I had a great high school experience, with lots of fun friends, but I would rather not go back! (Am I lame?) I don't know, if I want to see people then I would! I see those that are still important to me and have an impact on my life.
Well, I think I have posted my (boring) summer in a nutshell. I do say boring, but I have had a wonderful time being bored. I am with the people I care about the most and that is the most that I can ask for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment