Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Jensyn spilled the beans!

While John was slaving all day at work today, the girls and I came up with a great plan for John's birthday. Later on this evening, I told him that we had a great idea for his birthday, and, yes, the girls knew and were in on it as well.
"A new gun, like I get every year?" he said with a big grin.
"Even better than a new gun."
"Not possible." as he raised his brow and shook his head.
At that moment, John and I ran to find the girls, both laughing and causing a ruckus. John knew that one of them could be buttered up enough to tell John. He thought they were in the backyard playing. I knew that they were down stairs watching a movie. I beat John to them, of course.
"Hey girls," John calls to them. "What am I getting for my birthday?"
I am trying to voice-over him saying "Don't tell them, girls. It is a secret and a surprise!"
Now, he tries to manipulate them by offering Jensyn a back tickle. (It works every time--oh, man, Jensyn loves her back tickled!)
Jensyn said, "No, daddy, it is a surprise"
"But I'll tickle your back!"
"Daddy, we are going to return your tattoos!"
I haven't laughed that hard in such a long time! What a cute way to put it. John gave Jensyn and Logan 'five' and said that would be the greatest present ever. So, I guess that is what John is getting for his birthday!
I am so proud of John for the man that he has become. His whole world revolves around this family. There is nothing that he wouldn't do for each and every one of us. He is the most tender-hearted, honest, hard-working person that I have ever met, and I am so grateful that he is mine for eternity. I cannot imagine my life without him, and without the tender moments that our family has together. He realizes his tattoos are something that over time, he has begun to regret. What I like most, though, is the fact that he still appreciates from where he came. Without his choices, without his mistakes, without his failures, he would not know true happiness. He has had both. He loves what he has, he loves his life, he loves me and the kids. He wouldn't change it or trade it for anything in the world-not even his tattoos. I could not ask for a better husband for me or a better father for my kids. I love you, John.





0 comments:

Post a Comment