Friday, November 21, 2008

Dinner Group

Our Bishop recently asked the Ward Activities Committee to put together dinner groups for the adults in the ward. Several people in the ward will host each dinner. Well, tonight was the first run at it. John and I had one of the groups at our home. We did get to know some very fun people whom I have been wanting to get to know. It turned out to be a fun evening. Most stayed tonight until almost 10:00-just sitting around the table while eating and talking. I think that these are the fun kinds of things to do as ward activities. Luckily, I have the gumption to decorate for Christmas early each year. We were able to eat off my mis-matched Christmas dishes--(can't even do matchy-matchy dishes! I have to buy 8 different sets of dishes just so I can switch them up on a table setting!) My Christmas trees were decorated, as was my mantle, AND my cute windows were up for the season. John also started a roaring fire in the fireplace. I have several more totes of decorations that still need a home, but for tonight it was great. I really love to have people in my home. I was glad for the fun opportunity.


0 comments:

Post a Comment