Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day

I have, as you know, signed up to be the PTA Historian. It really does consume a lot of my time. Well, today I had the pleasure of attending the schools assembly in honor of the veterans of our country. The school did sing-a-long songs and waved flags. The kids, teachers, and all in attendance stood up and sang the National Anthem. Seriously, they sounded amazing! I had to stop singing because I was choking up. (Really though, does this surprise anyone? I cried in the movie King Ralph, like 15 years ago--it has been all down hill from there.) My eyes welled up with tears. I really couldn't make it through the song. Anyway, being the BEST historian that I am, I contacted the 4 major news stations via e-mail. When the assembly started, it appeared that they really didn't care what we had going on at our school. About half way through, to my major excitement, the PTA president runs up to me and said, "How did you do that?" I was so confused. "You got the news here!" Again, I welled up with tears. I felt so happy that for once, my efforts paid off. It was Fox 13. So, in the past, I have always made fun of that news channel, I mean really, does anyone even take them seriously? Well, for today I do. They supported my school-and made me look good in the process...!
Thank you Fox 13!

0 comments:

Post a Comment