Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's over for another month

I presented my lesson today. I think that it went over fairly well. To the side bar, I posted a quote for this time which I really like. It came from a talk by Richard G. Scott in 1993 during General Conference. I also used Chelsey's input in my closing remarks. I actually read my closing remarks (which was partially my testimony on the subject of knowledge.) Here it is for me to remember.

"We live in a very interesting time. We are being plagued by a society who thinks that the blackest black is white. That white is black. Take prop 8. We are being protested against for our beliefs on pro-family. We are involved in a modern day persecution where our beliefs are under scrutiny. Our places of worship are being targeted. We are being called haters and bigots. Times are going to get very rough and tough. We cannot afford to be sitting on the fence. NOW is the time to obtain the knowledge that we need to receive salvation. If we are not constantly learning, the darkness of society will bring us down. We will begin to not be able to differentiate the truth. We will fall away. We are told that in the last days, there will be wars, and rumors of wars. An interesting thing to consider is that the wars don’t/won’t always consist of bows, arrows, cannons, guns, etc. They might be wars in our own hearts, and wars of values and morals! Prop 8 is doing just this. We are losing members of our church due to the knowledge that they never continually gained!"

Until next month...!

0 comments:

Post a Comment