Friday, November 14, 2008

Filling up the Yukon

I have a secret! No need to go to Costco anymore for "cheap gas!" Before heading downtown tonight, I went out of my way to get Costco gas (I was excited for the possibility of it being like $1.90). I did score and get it for $1.97 per gallon, but as I was heading back toward South Towne Mall, the Conoco on the corner was also $1.97. While this is good news, I know that in the future, Costco is not necessarily the cheapest anymore. My Yukon (within 2 months ago) cost about $90 per fill-up. TODAY!!! $42.00! Wow. That is a huge difference! Was it the election? Is that possible? I can handle gas at this price. I remember when John and I were dating, 11 years ago and up to when we got married 10 years ago, we were only paying $.98 per gallon. That was some cheap gas! So much has changed since then, I am realizing. Anyway, I am just excited. I am sure I'll look at this post in a few months and wish that we were back to these days.

(Update: I should have gone up the street to the Sinclair by Harmons. The gas price is the cheapest in town--$1.86--and I have a $.05 off per gallon since that is where I shop! Maybe I'll fill John's truck up tomorrow, just for fun.)

And.....it's definitely time for bed because all I am doing is rambling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment