Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

I am so lucky because ever since we have been married (10 very short years) we have always spent EVERY holiday with my side of the family. OK, maybe I have missed like 2 dinners, but hey, who cares? We spent this Thanksgiving in Provo with the Russell's. Their son, Calvin, came home from his mission on the 14th of November so they had this massive Thanksgiving dinner. It was a lot of fun. Something that I have never done, is put together hygiene kits--I did this finally! We put together 200 kits and boxed them off. I loved it because even Logan and Jensyn were able to help. It may have only taken 10 minutes, but it was something that made us feel good. Wow! We are so fortunate to have the LUXURIES that we have! Here we are putting a small warm blanket, 4 cloth diapers, diaper pins, a bar of soap, a cotton t-shirt dress, and a few other small necessities in these zip-lock bags that are no bigger than an 11x14 photo! I guess I am just so oblivious to the world and their needs! I feel like I am only focusing on myself! Here I am thinking that I need...everything. We take so much for granted just the small things that are needed, and that we have all of the time. I have had things put into perspective a little more because of this fun activity. THANK YOU RUSSELL'S! We love your family SO much! I did miss my family. I have the funnest family in the world. I am so glad to be a part of them. I sure did miss my moms yummy stuffed mushrooms--the best in the world.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


Leave it to Becca to get my kids to sleep! Thank you for all you do, Becca-I LOVE YOU!



Jensyn and CeCelia


Logan and Nicole working on the kits




Logan, Jensyn, and Nicole playing Rock Star-or whatever the heck it's called.











0 comments:

Post a Comment